Safety & Courtesy on the Road Ride
- We urge you to choose wisely and use caution in selecting your ride. The Century (107-mi) route is unsuitable for anyone who isn't highly experienced. If you haven’t been training regularly lately, even those of you who are veteran cyclists might be challenged to finish.
- It’s the responsibility of the rider to bring a bicycle that is in safe working condition, so both you and your bike should be in good shape and ready to ride.
- Obey all traffic laws. Stop at "Stop" signs
- Ride single file in traffic whenever possible and use designated bike lanes.
- Ride safely, don't impede traffic, and please take care not to disrupt the lives of those who live along our routes.
- Always be alert for overtaking vehicles.
- Helmets are mandatory; all participants must wear a helmet at all times when riding.
- Stay hydrated
- Enjoy your ride and...
- Have fun!
You can also “Follow” the Devil's Slide Ride on Twitter or “Like” us on Facebook to receive regular event updates and smart tips for a safe, enjoyable ride.