Safety & Courtesy on the Trail Runs
- Trail Runners must stay on the designated trails and within the approved boundaries.
- Multi-use trail policy: All trails are open for public use during the event, and some of the trails are also open for mountain bikes and equestrians. We ask that you please exercise extreme courtesy and caution when encountering others (including your fellow runners and hikers) along the route.
- Headphones: The use of headphones during the event is strongly discouraged due to safety concerns.
- Carry water: Even though aid is provided, we ask participants to carry a bottle or hydration pack between aid stations, especially on the longer routes.
- Bathrooms: There are bathrooms with running water at the start/finish area, but there are no bathrooms along the courses.
- Dogs: Due to park regulations, there are no dogs allowed on the trail run events.
- There will be course marshals stationed along the course to guide you. We ask that you follow their instructions.
- There is reliable cell phone coverage along most of the course, but in case of an emergency, you should use the special call-in number listed on the course map provided at check-in. In the event of a serious medical emergency, you need to call 911 first.
Check our Check-In/Start Schedule page for starting times and additional details. You can also "Follow" the Devil's Slide Run on dedicated Twitter and Facebook pages to receive regular trail run updates.